Well, the first day Erica got her tonsils out was great. Why can't we keep them on anesthesia for two weeks while they heal?!!! Wednesday we couldn't get her to eat or drink much at all. I was a little worried but not too much. So during the night she woke up with a fever of 103 and was so croopy she could hardly breathe. So I sat outside with her wrapped in a blanket for about 20 minutes until she sounded like she was breathing good again. The when I woke up in the morn ing to go to school at 8:00am she was still asleep and I thought "good she needs it". When I came home at 10:30 and Jake said that she was still asleep I got a little freaked out. I went in her room to make sure she was still breathing and she was of course so I just let her sleep. Then an hour later when she was still asleep I called the ENT and told him about her fever. He said it sounded like she might be dehydrated. So I asked what the other symptoms of dehydration were and they said that she would be lethargic. I said, "well she's been asleep since about 4:00am nonstop." They said I needed to get her to the hospital right away and she's severly dehydrated. She didn't even cry when they gave her the IV. Well 5 hours later and 2 bags of IV fluid later she finally went potty and they let us go home. I felt so bad for her. She's doing a little better today but I still can't get her to eat much. Are you ready for the good news in all of this mess, I passed my chemistry test!!!!!!! Only 3 more test to go and hopefully I never have to take another chemistry class in my life!
2 comments:
Poor Erica. I'm so sorry that both you and her had to go through this. Watching your kids go through something horrible is worse than going through it yourself. I hope she feels better soon.
Congrats on passing the chemistry exam! That's great!
That is so hard to see your little princess in so much pain. I hope that she heals quickly and is back to her normal self real soon. And way to go on your chemistry test!! I don't know how you do it, I am glad I never had to take Chemistry
Post a Comment