Today I had to give a lesson in Young Womens on temple marriages. It was such a great lesson and it reminded me about all that I have to be grateful for. I have such a wonderful husband, great kids, the best family ever, and awesome friends that are better than I deserve I'm sure! When I came home from church my mother-in-law called me and told me that my best friend growing up just lost her brother to a heart attack. It tore me apart, my heart goes out to her and her family. It felt like they were my family growing up too. Even though I haven't seen him in a long time I thought about their eternal family and how grateful his wife is I'm sure for making the decision to go to the temple and have their family sealed together. He was too young to die as people say. We have had a couple of people we love and pets die recently and it has just made me want to try harder to be a better person and to let all of you know how much you mean to me. Erica has really struggled since our good friends lost their baby last month. She keeps thinking that I'm going to die or she's going to die. She keeps saying things like, "I don't want Heavenly Father to kill me." It's so innocent and so sweet and gives me the opportunity to teach her about where our loved ones are going and where we are going to go someday too. I am so grateful for the family I was raised in, I feel so lucky to have always been blessed with the gospel in my life. I love you all and NO, this is not an obituary for me, I don't plan on going anywhere soon I just wanted to share my thoughts.
2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading your thoughts Jaime. I think it is easy sometimes to forget all the things we have to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder!
Oh that was cute little thought for the day! Erica is such a cutie! Give her and the other gromits a gwuish from us!:)
Post a Comment